Contract Insight Features
At a glance
- Select from rapid deployment, SaaS or Client deployment options
- Concurrent user licensing model (leverage the most benefit from your license)
- Full contract lifecycle management
- Calendar management of contracts and tasks
- Unlimited task tracking and e-mail alerts
- Full featured workflow processing engine
- Ad-hoc reporting and online report designer (create, save, e-mail and export)
- Unlimited user-defined fields on many areas of the system
- Contract cost and budget tracking
- Track, scan and attach files in all areas
- Full text searching on attached files
- Linking of related contracts and vendors
- Unlimited notes with audit tracking, checklists, milestones and price/cost tracking
- Template-based contract authoring and creation with merging fields
- Comprehensive security auditing
- Scalable enterprise support
Contract Insight Enterprise Edition is designed to help your organisation optimise the full suite of automated benefits. It’s feature-rich, secure, scalable and flexible. Contract Insight is currently used in a range of organisations – from departmental deployments, managing hundreds of contracts and vendors, through to enterprise deployments managing hundreds of thousands of contracts and vendors.
Contract management software features for full contract lifecycle management
- End-to-end, enterprise-grade, web-based contract management software solution
- Manage any type of contract, committal, agreement, patents, leases, licenses
- Manage revenue contracts, expense contracts, master/sub contracts, milestones, task orders, action items and more
- Track important contract data fields (with user configurable fields based on type of contract)
- Track supplier/client data including dates, alerts, text, amounts, and related contract information
- Easy to use contract creation and contract templating. A re-usable starting point for contract initiation
- Quickly create contracts from a web browser and/or your PDA web phone
- Contract managers, project managers, and key decision makers can access centralised contract data from any web-browser
- Link and associate contracts together for master and sub contracts or contract renewal terms
- Centralise and track contracts according to your standard codes, categories, departments, locations and more
- Track contract workflow processes and approval statuses
- Easily renew contracts with a click of the mouse and link to previous terms to retain history
- Meet your contract compliance, audits and governance such as Sarbanes Oxley [SOX], ISO, and other regulatory requirements
- Online user manuals, e-learning videos, demos and full help system
Create and draft contracts from contract management database templates
- User-defined contract templates with field merging
- Define various templates based on contract type and risk
- Define mergeable user-defined fields for easy contract drafting
- Fully featured online rich-text editor for contract template creation (includes formatting with fonts, tables, grids, images, headers, footers, page-breaks, watermarks, HTML and more)
- Establish templates from Microsoft Word
- Integration of data-driven fields
- Track versions of each contract
- Compare versions of each contract with red-lining
- Negotiate online with your clients and vendors via the vendor/client gateway portal
- Collaborate and solicit input from team members, employees, vendors and/or clients
- Generate Microsoft Word and PDF contracts based on your standard contracts
Advance email alerts, calendar alerts and workflow tasks
- Provide e-mail notifications for contracts, tasks, milestones, action items, payments
- Keep users up-to-date via advanced notification system; automatic reminders sent to key stakeholders
- Assign employee responsibility to track and manage workflow processes and tasks
- Create simple and recurring tasks
- Define task escalations
- Easily manage contracts and tasks from configurable dashboards
- Create global and pre-defined tasks by contract type, department/division, status changes for workflows
- Create rules-based workflow processes to trigger workflow events and tasks
- Track checklists and milestones
Track key vendor, customer and contract information
- Information tracked and managed via a secured Vendor/Client Portal
- Track vendor/client information; Score vendors and measure contractor performance
- Support vendor/client logins to request new contracts, review notes and upload documents
- Track employee information and vendor risk management
- Collaborate online, track unlimited notes and comments
- Accept external contract requests over the web
- Track contract information for vendor and client personnel (incl. name, department, e-mail, phone fax, address, and custom add-on fields)
- Monitor news alerts on any of your vendors/clients
- Map to clients via a web/GIS mapper
- Attach unlimited documents, files and scanned images to vendors/clients with notes and version tracking
- Link to parent and subsidiary companies
- Collect contract data via the web through a web browser
- Import and export vendor, customer and supplier data
- Create unlimited user-defined fields on the contract, vendor, employee, financials, tasks and other important screens
- Assign fields based on contract type
- Order the fields on many screens to meet your organisation’s needs
- User-definable drop down and multi-select boxes
- User-definable text entry fields (single line and multi-line)
- User-definable date fields
- User-definable money, currency, number and decimal fields
- Define help messages (pop-ups) for each field
- Define field display labels for each field
- Set fields to be required as well as having default values
- All fields (both system and user-defined) are searchable and can be reported on
- Configurable user specific dashboards and management views
Track files and documents
- Attach and track contract documents, scanned files, work orders, task orders
- Attach scanned documents, Word documents, Excel, E-Mails, Text Documents, PDF, TIF files
- All text-based documents include full-text searching
- Track files and documents with document notes, track history, change and version tracking
- E-Mail contract files and documents directly from the system
Track price, budget and transactions
- Track contract costs and pricing information
- Track income and expense transactions and compare against budget amounts
- Generate budget alerts for spend management control
- Add user-defined GL codes and custom fields for financial tracking
- Track procurement and solicitation-related information
Searching and reporting
- Search and create flexible analysis on any data field with ad-hoc report builder and query tool
- Open database architecture for system integration via web services builder
- Create flexible reports using Contract Insight’s online report designer
- Schedule ad-hoc report views to be e-mailed on scheduled intervals
- Design full and customisable reports with Insight Report Builder
- Quickly produce contract analysis reports including high/low priced contracts, contract counts and averages by any category.
- Create administrators, end-users, read-only users, and group access to your contracts
- Secure contracts individually or by department/division
- Assign contracts from one employee to another (with bulk transfers)
- Trigger workflow process tasks from employee, department, amount or any other data field on the contract screen.
Support and training
- Full support included with the annual support and/or hosted subscription
- Full user manuals and documentation included
- User-definable field level help and pop-up (mouse-over) messages
- Full onsite and online live instructor-led training classes
- Train-the-trainer programs available
- Bulk and large volume training available
- Full administrator and technology training offered
- Online e-video and learning tutorials
State-of-the-art technology platform
- Built using Microsoft’s latest C-Sharp web programming language for faster screen loads, system stability, and increased security
- Uses Microsoft’s SQL Server Database to store and retrieve data faster and more reliably
- Option to integrate security with Active Directory (client-deployed model)
- End-user access to the system from a modern web browser such as Internet Explorer
- Can merge with your back office systems via database integration, web services and data synchronisations
- Rapid deployment of contract management SaaS (Software-as-a-Service hosting) option, or installed on your servers (behind the firewall). Four offers a fully secured and redundant CISCO network for hosted clients.
What is SaaS?
Software as a service (SaaS /sæs/) is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted. SaaS is also known as on-demand software, web-based software, or web-hosted software.
What is a workflow processing engine?
A workflow engine is a core technique for task allocation software, such as business process management, in which the workflow engine allocates tasks to different executors while communicating data among participants.
What is a GIS mapper?
GIS also known as geographic information system is a computer system made for capturing and displaying positions on the earth’s surface and portraying data in many different ways on maps. Its main job is to help in analysing groups of data and in finding correlations or patterns.
What is a GL code?
General ledger codes (or GL codes) are used for recording company assets, income and expenses. They are used as short-hand references for recurring accountancy data and can make it easier to locate specific figures.
What is Microsoft’s C-sharp web programming?
C# is an object-oriented, component-oriented programming language. C# provides language constructs to directly support these concepts, making C# a natural language in which to create and use software components. Since its origin, C# has added features to support new workloads and emerging software design practices.
What is MS-SQL Server database?
Microsoft SQL Server is a proprietary relational database management system developed by Microsoft. As a database server, it is a software product with the primary function of storing and retrieving data as requested by other software applications—which may run either on the same computer or on another computer across a network (including the Internet). Microsoft markets at least a dozen different editions of Microsoft SQL Server, aimed at different audiences and for workloads ranging from small single-machine applications to large Internet-facing applications with many concurrent users.
What is SQL?
Structured Query Language, is a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system, or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system.